Scouting does not have to only exist with in person events. If you find yourself not being able to attend scout meetings in person then please take advantage of the resources that leaders within Troop 2319 have put together to help you continue your scouting journey.
Tips and Tricks for Virtual Scouting
- Conduct virtual Patrol Leaders Council meetings via teleconference or web video conferencing. Ensure to maintain two-deep leadership throughout the virtual meeting.
- Encourage Patrol Leaders to communicate digitally with their patrol members.
- Conduct online merit badge counselor meetings using web video conferencing tools such as Google Hangouts, Zoom, Skype, FreeConference or Facebook. Ensure to maintain two-deep leadership throughout the virtual meeting. Note completing a worksheet and emailing it does not constitute a “virtual discussion”, rather use interactive video or phone conversations.
- Scouting Realms Game
Troop 2319 Merit Badge Classes
- Family Life
- Citizenship in the Nation
- Soil & Water Conservation
- American Culture
- Pet Care
- Reptile and Amphibian Study
- Environmental Science
- Scout Rank – In Progress!
- Tenderfoot – Coming Soon!
Other Scout Skills
Check out some of the other scout skills you can work on and learn, right from your own home!
- Hammock Camping, What to Know
- Learn to Tie ANY Knot!
- Learning to Splice – New
- Learning the Basics of First Aid
- How to make a family emergency plan
Other Scouting Online Resources
- Atlanta Area Council – Scouting @ Home Resource Hub
- Virtual Boards of Review Information
- 58 Merit Badges you can complete at home!
- Take virtual museum tours – New
- Make some music
- Watch TED Talks to get “ideas worth spreading”
|Communication||July 23-24 from 6-7PM and July 25-26 from 9-10:30AM -FULL|
|Communication||August 20-21 from 6-7PM and August 22-23 from 9-10:30AM – FULL|
|Aviation||July 18 from 1-4PM – $10 additional fee paid at the museum||Additional Information|
|Art||July 18 and July 25 from 1-4PM|
|Programming||July 21 and 23 from 7-8:30PM – Registration opens June 22 at 9AM|