Scouting does not have to only exist with in person events. If you find yourself not being able to attend scout meetings in person then please take advantage of the resources that leaders within Troop 2319 have put together to help you continue your scouting journey.
Tips and Tricks for Virtual Scouting
- Conduct virtual Patrol Leaders Council meetings via teleconference or web video conferencing. Ensure to maintain two-deep leadership throughout the virtual meeting.
- Encourage Patrol Leaders to communicate digitally with their patrol members.
- Conduct online merit badge counselor meetings using web video conferencing tools such as Google Hangouts, Zoom, Skype, FreeConference or Facebook. Ensure to maintain two-deep leadership throughout the virtual meeting. Note completing a worksheet and emailing it does not constitute a “virtual discussion”, rather use interactive video or phone conversations.
- Scouting Realms Game
Troop 2319 Merit Badge Classes
- Family Life
- Citizenship in the Nation
- Soil & Water Conservation
- American Culture
- Pet Care
- Reptile and Amphibian Study
- Environmental Science
Other Scout Skills
Check out some of the other scout skills you can work on and learn, right from your own home!
- Hammock Camping, What to Know
- Learn to Tie ANY Knot!
- Learning to Splice
- Learning the Basics of First Aid
- How to make a family emergency plan
- How to use a map & compass
Other Scouting Online Resources
- Geocaching in Chickamauga Battlefield – New!
- Atlanta Area Council – Scouting @ Home Resource Hub
- Virtual Boards of Review Information
- 58 Merit Badges you can complete at home!
- Take virtual museum tours
- Make some music
- Watch TED Talks to get “ideas worth spreading”